With the weather thinking about cooling down, I’m already thinking about all the food that change of season brings. Warming slow cooked beef cheeks, roasts, and most importantly – Puddings!
Pumpkin soup is a staple in my house with the cooler days, mainly because I’m the only one that actually eats it and I just love it so! Pumpkin would have to be one of, if not, my favourite vegetable. It’s so versatile, can be savoury and sweet. Has such a wonderful flavour however you cook it. And are always in abundance right at the best time of year.
I added some Tumeric to this recipe for an extra nutrient boost as well as loving it’s anti-inflammatory properties.
Thermomix Pumpkin Soup
- 500g Pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 200g Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbs Vegetable Stock Paste
- 1 Tsp Tumeric Powder
- Handful of Cashews
- Add the onion and garlic to the Thermomix Mixing bowl and chop for 3 Sec/Speed 5. Add the coconut oil and sauté for 3 Min/100C/Speed 2 (alternatively, finely chop your onion and garlic then sauté in a pot with coconut oil until translucent)
- Add 250g Water, the coconut milk, vegetable stock paste and turmeric to the mixing bowl. Add the Pumpkin to the steaming basket and place inside the mixing bowl. Cook for 20 Min/Varoma/Speed 2 with the Varmoa in place. (alternatively: add the water, milk, stock paste, turmeric and pumpkin to the pot and cook until the pumpkin is soft)
- Once the pumpkin is soft turn into the liquid, adding the cashews to the mix. Process for 1 Min/Speed 5 gradually increasing to Speed 9 for a smooth, thick soup. (alternatively: add the cashews to the soup then tip into a food processor and process until smooth)
I love to add toppers to my soups for some texture. Smashed Avocado, some freshly Steamed Salmon (which you can do while the soup is cooking), shredded chicken, whatever you have in the fridge that needs using up… Soup Toppers are an awesome way to round off a smooth soup. Hope you enjoy!