If you’re in my Mix Taste Eat Facebook Group, you may have seen that I recently shared a video of my favourite 12WBT Chocolate Fudge Cakes being made. When I did the 12WBT program, these were a craving lifesaver for me. I would make a batch and freeze them all wrapped individually so if I had a sweet craving after dinner I knew that I could nuke one of these in the microwave for 30 seconds and I’d have a warm gooey chocolatey treat that fit in within my daily calorie goals.
I may have over indulged a little over the school holidays. I’m trying to get back into the swing of things and the first thing I reach for when I need to get back in shape is my old 12WBT information. I know that sticking to the calorie limit and exercising works really well for my body, and I like to do something that gives me results I can see as well as setting me up for better habits.
I’m a bit of a snacker. I’m not big on breakfast and will have a bigger lunch than needed then will snack too much for the rest of the day. So I’ve started with having breakfast every morning. I’ll have balanced meals and if I’m craving that chocolate kick after the kids have gone to bed, I’ll reach for a Chocolate Muffin and know that it still fits within my diet. Mostly.
I had a little play with the recipe and made it more my own. Obviously, I make it using my Thermomix before baking them in the oven too. How silly would it be to make them the ‘old fashioned’ way now!
Thermomix Chocolate Muffins
- 140g Apple Puree (I make mine but you can also buy it from the supermarket)
- 130g Yoghurt (I used Lactose Free Natural Yoghurt – Coconut Yoghurt would work well too)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 110g Plain Flour (I used Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 40g Cacao Powder
- 80g Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 150C. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- Weigh into the Mixing bowl your apple puree, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla and mix together for 20 Sec/Sp 4.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cacao, brown sugar and salt on top of the wet mix and blend for 20 Sec/Sp 4.
- Scrape down sides and mix for another 20 Sec/Sp 4.
- Pour mixture into your prepared muffin tin and bake for 10-15 min in your oven.
When done I’ll let them cool completely before wrapping individually in glad wrap and storing them in a freezer proof container in the freezer. Then I’ll unwrap one, zap it in the microwave for 30 seconds and eat warm with some yoghurt or cream. Yum!!